Tuesday 21 June 2016

Good Morning, Ramadhan.


" nak tengok something?" a colleague asked me.

" amende?"

He then showed me a video of the people we work with, smoking and eating; not fasting.

" bukan ni benda biasa ke dengan korang semua?" I said.

" tolong sikit, aku tak."

This would be my 4th Ramadhan working in this company. Nothing here pretty much shocks me now.

When i started here, older male colleagues always had to give me nasihat about wearing tudung and so on bla bla bla. I did not mind, because they are not wrong. Its not like i dont want to wear it, i am just lazy. This is how i look when i woke up and this is how i look when i go to bed. Super lazy about appearance (and a lot of other menial things). They also befriended me on Facebook and and i noticed that they tend to post ONLY religious stuffs on their walls.

These people must be good and pious, i thought. But boy.. was i wrong.



Isi nya kat sini adalah aku tak bercampur dengan orang sebab aku tak suka orang bercampur dengan aku. Hidup kau, kau punya pasal. Hidup aku, kau jangan kacau. Tapi. Tapi aku harap, orang yang selalu rasa dia perlu menasihatkan aku pasal agama dan hidup ni, at least lagi baik lah daripada aku.

Aku ni pun bukannya baik sangat. I am trying to be better.

To me, their idea of a good muslim woman is the one who wears a tudung ( not at all in a context of proper aurah covering, but merely a fucking, tudung).

Selamat berbuka. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment